NAPA VALLEY, Calif. (March 12, 2013) –Napa Valley Festival del Sole returns to the world stage to celebrate its eighth season, July 12-21. With more than 60 custom-curated programs and star-studded performances, this year’s 10-day festival features a compelling and diverse line-up of cultural, culinary, wine and wellness experiences that offer rare insider access to Napa Valley’s most remarkable and authentic settings. www.festivaldelsole.org
One of America’s premier music and lifestyle festivals, Napa Valley Festival del Sole today stands apart by artfully pairing incredible bucket list adventures with equally memorable experiences for every budget and interest. Festival offerings range from a Great Gatsby-esque gala at Meadowood Napa Valley to an admission-free family concert with celebrity narrators to the rejuvenating Yoga In the Vineyards. Festival guests may also choose from a variety of extraordinary events at venues including a private art gallery and a fairytale castle, performances by such luminaries as Audra McDonald and Jessye Norman, young artist concerts introducing the stars of tomorrow, and the Taste of Napa showcase featuring 50 top wineries and artisanal food purveyors.
2013 Napa Valley Festival del Sole Highlights
Please see the separate festival schedule for detailed descriptions of all events
- Opening gala at the 13th-century Tuscan-inspired Castello di Amorosa featuring the incomparable Audra McDonald, one of today’s brightest theatrical stars and winner of five Tony awards.
- A weeklong tribute to the 140th birthday of legendary Russian composer Sergei Rachmaninoff who stands as an icon of romanticism in Russian classical music – with programming including a partial restoration of his long-lost 1939 ballet,Paganini, brought to life for the festival, an exclusive exhibit at Napa Valley Museum featuring materials uncovered during the ballet’s restoration, and a 140th Anniversary Concert and Dinner at Opus One.
- Extraordinary performances by the Russian National Orchestra, returning to Napa with the festival’s biggest symphony orchestra to date.
- Festival del Sole’s popular annual Dance Gala, featuring principal dancers from Ballet San Jose, the San Francisco Ballet and the American Ballet Theater with the Russian National Orchestra under the baton of George Daugherty.
- The “Taste of Napa” culinary and wine showcase with tastings from 50 of the region’s leading wineries and artisanal food purveyors.
- “Yoga in the Vineyards,” presented as part of the festival’s wellness series designed to nourish the body and mind.
- The Festival Gala at the landmark Meadowood Napa Valleyfeaturing gourmet cuisine from the resort’s award-winning culinary team, a croquet match, special musical performances, and a live auction supporting local arts education programs.
- Sun-dappled vintner’s luncheons and enchanting VIP dinners each day at Napa Valley hotspots including Spring Mountain Vineyard, Quintessa, The Napa Valley Reserve, Darioush, Alpha Omega Winery and The Hess Collection.
- The Bouchaine Young Artist Series offering admission-free concert performances featuring some of today’s most gifted young musicians.
- An under-the-stars dinner at Far Niente and rare concert with legendary soprano Jessye Norman singing Cole Porter and Duke Ellington.
- An exhilarating installment of The 24 Hour Plays series that last year saw a dozen A-list actors including Michael Keaton, Chris Noth, Minnie Driver, Dennis Haysbert and Hugh Dancy rehearse and perform a series of one-act plays in just 24 hours.
- Concert performances by Jean-Yves Thibaudet, Sarah Chang, Nina Kotova, Elena Maximova, Ekaterina Scherbachenko and others.
The 2013 Napa Valley Festival del Sole counts nearly 30 of the region’s leading wineries, resorts, performance venues and estates as its hosts, including: Alpha Omega Winery, Bardessono, Jean-Charles Boisset and Gina Gallo’s Wappo Hill Estate, Castello di Amorosa, Constant Diamond Mountain Vineyard, Darioush, Domaine Carneros, Far Niente, Weill Hall at Green Music Center, Grgich Hills Estate, HALL Napa Valley, Jamieson Ranch & Vineyards, Jarvis Conservatory, Keller Estate, Kristine Ashe Vineyards, Napa Valley Performing Arts Center at Lincoln Theater, Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley, Meadowood Napa Valley, Miner Family Wines, Napa Valley Country Club, Napa Valley Museum, Opus One, Quintessa, Silver Oak Cellars, Spring Mountain Vineyard, The Hess Collection, The Napa Valley Reserve, Sterling Vineyards.
About Napa Valley Festival del Sole
One of America’s premier music and lifestyle festivals, Napa Valley Festival del Sole blends world-class music, theater and dance with the region’s fine wine and cuisine in a celebration of the art of life. The 10-day summer festival features performances by renowned artists and emerging talent, gala events at stunning wineries, resorts and estates, free community concerts, a wellness series promoting healthy living, and year-round arts education initiatives.
Since 2006, Festival del Sole has presented more than 175 artists and ensembles in venues throughout Napa Valley and partnered with more than 200 wineries, hotels and local businesses, and has attracted nearly 10,000 audience members and visitors each season. The festival is a nonprofit public benefit organization operating under the auspices of Napa Valley Festival Association, and is produced by IMG Artists.
The festival’s 8th gala season takes place July 12 – 21, 2013. For further information and full festival schedule details, visit www.festivaldelsole.org