NAPA VALLEY FESTIVAL DEL SOLE CELEBRATES CULTURE, CUISINE, WINE & WELLNESS IN AMERICA’S ICONIC WINE COUNTRY, JULY 11-20, 2014
Ninth Season Hits High Note with Exclusive Star-Studded Performances, Anticipated Debuts, and More than 60 Unforgettable Cultural Adventures
NAPA VALLEY, Calif. (March 11, 2014) – Napa Valley Festival del Sole returns for its ninth season, July 11-20, 2014. One of the country’s most compelling summer celebrations, the 10-day festival features world-class classical music, jazz, opera and ballet along with curated culinary, wine and wellness adventures that celebrate the art of life. www.festivaldelsole.org
From glamorous gala evenings featuring renowned artists to lively food and wine pursuits, Festival del Sole will present more than 60 memorable cultural adventures for every interest and budget in Napa Valley’s most remarkable settings.
2014 Napa Valley Festival del Sole Highlights
Visit the festival website to view the full schedule and detailed descriptions of each event
- Grammy Award-winning violinist Joshua Bell kicks off Opening Night with an intimate performance of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons in the courtyard of the Tuscan-inspired Castello di Amorosa.
- The Sphinx Symphony Orchestra, the world’s only all Black and Latino professional orchestra comprised of top musicians from around the country, plays its first West Coast performances as the festival’s orchestra-in-residence.
- Carlo Ponti conducts the debut of the LA Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra in a special tribute to the life and career of his mother,screen legend Sophia Loren, at Lincoln Theater and Far Niente.
- “A Taste of Napa,” showcases more than 50 Napa Valley wineries, food artisans and chefs as well as cooking demonstrations and wellness talks.
- Wellness Conversations at Bardessono, plus the rejuvenating “Yoga in the Vineyards”, pairing inspired vineyard yoga with wine tasting.
- Dance Gala featuring ballet sensation Polina Semionova performing with an all-star cast of principal dancers from American Ballet Theatre, San Francisco Ballet, StaatsBallett Berlin, Stuttgart Ballet and National Ballet of Canada.
- A picturesque concert at Opus One featuring all stars from past seasons of the Bouchaine Young Artist Series under the baton of guest conductor Dmitry Sitkovetsky.
- Jazz legend Arturo Sandoval headlines the glamorous Annual Gala at Meadowood Napa Valley, featuring an extraordinary evening of gourmet cuisine, live music, and a live auction supporting the festival and local arts education programs.
- Sun-dappled Vintner’s Luncheons and enchanting Patron Dinners each day at more than 20 of Napa Valley’s top wineries, estates and resorts – including Alpha Omega, Auberge du Soleil, Beaulieu Vineyard’s Rutherford House, Castello di Amorosa, Chimney Rock, Far Niente, Gargiulo Vineyards, Grgich Hills Estate, HALL St. Helena, Jaffe Estate, Keller Estate, Martin Estate, Meadowood Napa Valley, Newton Vineyard, Robert Mondavi Winery, The Hess Collection, Vineyard 29.
- Pinchas Zukerman makes his festival debut with performances at Lincoln Theater, Castello di Amorosa and Weill Hall at the Green Music Center in Sonoma.
- Acclaimed soprano Maria Agresta and tenor Matthew Polenzani perform arias and duets from beloved Italian operas.
- Admission-free Bouchaine Young Artist concerts featuring some of today’s most gifted young musicians at the Jarvis Conservatory.
- Trouble in Tahiti, Leonard Bernstein’s candid portrait of marriage in the suburbs, directed by his daughter, Jamie Bernstein.
Tickets & Passes
Single concert tickets start at $39 while the Allegro Pass (from $99) enhances the experience with preferred seating and exclusive After Parties at popular locales around the valley. The VIP Pass (from $700) delivers the ultimate Napa Valley insider access with Vintner’s Luncheons and Patron Dinners along with prime concert seating, VIP Lounge access and concierge service.
To purchase tickets, visit www.festivaldelsole.org, call 888.337.6272 or visit the Festival Box Office between 10 am and 4 pm, Monday to Friday, at 915 Trancas Street, Suite B, in Napa, Calif.
- Single Concert Tickets –$39 – $125.
- Allegro Passes –$99-$349. Available for a performance and after-party ($99); a multi-night series of three performances and three after-parties ($249); or the Allegro Opening Night Pass that includes a wine and hors d’oeuvres reception, Joshua Bell concert and after-party ($349).
- VIP Passes – range from $700-$8,500 and are available for evening-only ($700), single day ($1,000), multi-day ($850 per day for 3+ days) and the full Festival Passport ($8,500).
- Free Concert Tickets – Admission-free concerts include the Bouchaine Young Artist series and Community Concert performed by the LA Virtuosi Chamber Orchestra.
About Napa Valley Festival del Sole
One of America’s premier music and lifestyle festivals, Napa Valley Festival del Sole blends world-class music, theater and dance with the region’s fine wine and cuisine in a celebration of the art of life. The 10-day summer festival features performances by renowned artists and emerging talent, gala events at stunning wineries, resorts and estates, free community concerts, a wellness series promoting healthy living, and year-round arts education initiatives.
Since 2006, Festival del Sole has presented more than 300 artists and ensembles in venues throughout Napa Valley and partnered with more than 200 wineries, hotels and local businesses, and has attracted nearly 10,000 audience members and visitors each season. The festival is a nonprofit public benefit organization operating under the auspices of Napa Valley Festival Association, and is produced by IMG Artists. The festival’s 9th gala season takes place July 11-20, 2014. www.festivaldelsole.org
# # #